At Animated Physiotherapy our aim is to provide an accessible physiotherapist led service for everyone. We have a busy timetable of matwork classes for adults, but know that many children & teenagers can also benefit from the services we have to offer. That is why we run Pilates classes on Tuesday afternoons specifically for children & teenagers ages 10-16 years.
The Classes are for those who are looking for a fun & interactive class with others of a similar age & mindset. The class aims to work on strength & core stability, whilst also improving balance, posture, flexibility and co-ordination.
As well as the main benefits of Pilates, you and your child will notice numerous other improvements from them attending our class, including:
- Improved mood (including helping with a reduction in the symptoms of mental health conditions such as depression & anxiety)
- Improved quality of sleep & sense of calm (can be helpful for those on the autistic spectrum)
- Improved confidence & self-esteem
- Improved cognitive performance (can help improve concentration & school test scores – can be helpful for those diagnosed with conditions such as ADHD)
- Improved muscle endurance (great cross training if participating in other sports, can be helpful for those with conditions such as hypermobility & JIA)
- Improved gut mobility & digestion (can be helpful for those with digestive issues)
- Is a positive outlet for energy