Anna is the Clinical Director & Lead Physiotherapist at Animated Physiotherapy. She graduated with a degree in Physiotherapy from Brunel University in 2009, and has gained experience in the following physiotherapy roles:
- Junior Physiotherapist completing Core rotations in the NHS
- Senior MSK Paediatric Physiotherapist in the NHS
- Senior Outpatients / Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist in the NHS, and private sector in both the UK and Australia
- Aged care physiotherapist in Australia (also providing manual handing training for care home staff)
- Certified APPI Pilates Matword Instructor (with additional training in pre & post natal, paediatric, runner specific, and cyclist specific pilates)
- Sports physiotherapist (for Thurrock Swimming Club, East Essex Triathlon Club, and the Falkland Islands Football Team)
- Occupational health physiotherapist for Unilever
She currently takes numerous physiotherapist led pilates classes at our premises, The Barn, in Billericay, as well as at The Grange Community Centre in Rayleigh. She also has private pilates and physiotherapy sessions available which can be booked at our Billericay premises.
She offers appointments in:
• 1:1 Pilates
• 2:1 Pilates
• Pre & post natal pilates
• Sports specific pilates
She is a keen swimmer and triathlete, competing for the GB Age Group Triatlon team in the European Championships in Glasgow, August 2018, and swimming for the GB Master’s team at international level in Kazan, Russia, August 2015. She also loves skiing and travelling. She has been injured herself so understands how frustrating and debilitating this can be. She is passionate about sport & exercise, and so understands the importance of timely and effective rehabilitation for a quick return to sport.
Debbie is a Senior Physiotherapist at Animated Physiotherapy. She has been qualified as a physiotherapist for over 35 years. She has experience in treating patients with musculoskeletal, neurology and respiratory conditions. She achieved her MSc in advanced physiotherapy in 2014.
Debbie completed her APPI matwork courses as well as additional pre and post natal and small equipment courses several years ago. She has been teaching physiotherapist led pilates classes and private sessions for the last 3 years.
She is a keen swimmer and runner, and has completed many marathons in the past. She currently debating whether to sign up for just one more…!
Christina Hunter works at Animated Physiotherapy as a physiotherapy assistant & receptionist. She has many years experience as a personal trainer, and helps patients progress with their rehabilitation needs following initial assessment from one of our physios. Her friendly face is also there to greet you at reception and sort out all your appointment needs!
Maddie is a senior physiotherapist at Animated Physiotherapy. She has been qualified as a physiotherapist for 4 years, and is currently working in the NHS for Connect Health as a Senior Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and Hand Therapist. She also has a special interest in Ankylosing Spondylitis, having worked for the National AS Society in London, and is now providing the same service in Essex. She completed her APPI matwork pilates qualification at the start of 2019 and has worked closely alongside Anna to teach classes the Animated Physiotherapy way.
In her spare time she enjoys playing netball, going to the gym, doing HIIT training, and taking part in Park Runs.
Rachel is a qualified physiotherapist who currently provides remote admin support for Animated Physiotherapy. Rachel graduated from her degree in physiotherapy at Brunel University in 2009, alongside Anna. She has and has since spent her time gaining experience in the following roles:
- Junior physiotherapist completing her core rotations in the NHS
- Aged care physiotherapist in Australia working in aged care
- Senior physiotherapist in the acute hospital setting, musculoskeletal outpatients and hydrotherapy
- Acute sports injury physiotherapist, providing physiotherapy to a local rugby team both pitch side and in clinics
- For the past 3 years she has specialised in acute rehabilitation and neurology working at Imperial Healthcare London as a Senior Physiotherapist
She loves to keep fit and active and understand the importance of incorporating exercise in to our daily lives. Her sporting passions are skiing, running and yoga. She loves to travel and explore new places – she spent 5 years in Australia exploring every inch she could! She is about to complete her APPI pilates matwork training as the exercises are key in rehabilitation in the hospital setting as well as in everyday life.
She is currently living in New York supporting her fiancé whilst he completes a work project. She will be on hand to answer emails, and will be sharing her physiotherapy, pilates, and yoga knowledge via blogs and through our social media pages!